The Coronavirus pandemic that’s spreading around the world is likely to challenge one’s faith in God. People of faith may even ask, “Why is God allowing this invisible enemy to infect us—to kill people?
Unfortunately, that is the wrong question. It is in times like this that our faith in God should grow even stronger because I believe God sends messages or “prompts” to us via people (family, friends, and strangers), gestures, things, nature, miracles, events, and tragedies. We accept and understand Him based on the level of faith we have, which can range from unquestioning faith (believing without seeing) to nonexistent faith (there is no God) per the following seven levels:
- Those who are not aware of God or His messages
- Those who say God doesn’t exist, making it impossible for “nothing” to send messages
- Those who can neither prove nor disprove God’s existence or His messages
- Those who follow a different god than that of Christians for reasons known only to them
- Those who think they are too busy and lack the time to listen to God’s messages
- Those who hear God’s messages and simply choose to ignore them for whatever reason
- Those who understand God’s messages and serve as modern-day disciples through their actions, deeds, and words (written and verbal)
God doesn’t force anyone to believe in, listen to, or follow Him. When a person hears about the God Christians follow, they have the right to choose whether they want to believe in Him and His messages. Christians who follow God’s teachings don’t seek to harm those who deny or choose not to believe, nor do they force their beliefs on others. They accept God’s grace as a gift given to all who choose to believe in Him; they don’t need proof of His existence in order to believe—they have true faith and want to spread God’s word to those in level 1.
Okay, so what’s the point here? It’s simple—each person is in one of the levels listed above. You may even have additional levels to add, which is fine. No matter how many levels of faith we list, no one is “stuck” in any level. We all have the ability to change.
Which level best describes your current situation?
Regardless of which level currently describes your situation, I encourage (do not demand) you to try learning something about those who live in level 7. It may change your life.
What do you have to lose?
John 20:29 (NIV) Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
Blessings to all and may your faith grow stronger each new day.
Tom Tatum – Author 2020
Facebook page: Tom Tatum novels
Author page: http://www.amazon.com/author/tomtatum