God sends people messages in many forms—through things, gestures, miracles, tragedies, and others (friends, family, and strangers). How people receive God’s messages depends on their mindset.
- Some have never heard about God; they are not aware of Him, so they don’t understand the source of the messages.
- Some say God doesn’t exist; they are aware, but choose to deny God and His messages.
- Some think they are too busy; they receive the messages, but do not take the necessary time to listen.
- Some receive the messages but simply choose to ignore them.
- Some believe, listen, and understand God’s messages and choose to follow Him, spreading His word to others.
Each person who has heard God’s words has the right to choose whether or not they believe in Him. Unlike many false gods, God, the creator of all things, does not force anyone to believe, listen, or follow Him. It is the responsibility of those who do believe to serve as modern-day disciples by spreading His word to those who deny or are unaware of His love and grace.
Once informed of God, people have a decision to make—follow or ignore Him. Those who try to spread His word must then move on and continue to serve Him by informing others. The mission of Believers is to spread His word to others, not force them to transform. Transformation is between God and the newly informed; they will be dealt with according to His will.
Do you have what it takes to be one of God modern-day disciples? If you do, you will become a fisher of men.
Matthew 4:19 (KJV)
And he saith unto them, follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Tom Tatum – Author – May 1, 2017
Facebook page: Tom Tatum novels
Author page: http://www.amazon.com/author/tomtatum